HomeBusinessETRAN MYRA plans to penetrate B2B market and fast-track battery swapping stations

ETRAN MYRA plans to penetrate B2B market and fast-track battery swapping stations

Bangkok-based automotive startup ETRAN (Thailand) is expanding to corporate users after achieving success in the consumer and food delivery market. The new business model offers a low daily rental fee of only Bt150 per day for its electric motorcycles. The company is also seeking partners to open EV battery swapping stations.

Soranun Choochut, CEO, ETRAN (Thailand) Co. Ltd., Thailand’s foremost electric motorcycle maker, said that the company had exceeded its expectations for sales of its MYRA model, a motorcycle for food delivery riders, achieving sales of 1,000 units within one month. Some 70% of the bookings came from a collaboration with SCB’s Robinhood food delivery platform offering a special rental fee of Bt120 per day for riders. The remaining 30% were through ETRAN’s own channel with a Bt150 rental fee, including a free daily battery swap. MYRA deliveries will begin in August 2021.

This warm welcome is an auspicious first step to success for the ETRAN MYRA. The bike is a compact high-performance design for cities with high-density traffic, which is the key factor in customers’ purchase decisions.

ETRAN MYRA performance has a top speed of 120kph and acceleration of 0-100 kph in 7 seconds. The maximum range of 180 km per charge reduces daily costs for riders as the rental fee includes one free battery swap per day. Compared to conventional motorcycle installments and daily fuel costs, ETRAN MYRA helps riders to more than halve their overall expenses. Users are also building a better environment for themselves and society.

Archawat Charoensilp, Executive Chairman of ETRAN (Thailand) Co. Ltd., said that after ETRAN’s success in the business to customer (B2C) market, the company would expand to corporate users, or the business to business (B2B) market. The focus is on businesses in the transport and logistics sectors with environmental policy priorities, who are looking for new alternatives to reduce transportation costs.

“We have revised our sales target up from 1,000 to 2,000 units within this year,” Archawat said. He added that the company’s next move would be to expand ETRAN Power Stations for battery swapping, to accommodate the increasing volume of MYRA users and other ETRAN models to be launched in the near future. The company is negotiating with potential partners in prime locations who share ETRAN’s environmental mission with mutual long-term business benefits to expand the coverage of battery-swapping stations.

ETRAN plans to expand its Power Stations to 100 locations in Greater Bangkok by the year-end.

All of ETRAN’s business strategies are focused on building a good environmental community in both the B2C and B2B markets and its network of partners in production, sales and expansion of the ETRAN Power Station network. ETRAN is leading a movement to power the automotive industry with sustainable economic, social and environmental development, in line with ETRAN’s mission to “Drive the Better World.”



Lastest News