dtac readies its network for the New Year holiday season with high-speed internet connectivity for celebrating travelers. Primary and secondary destinations across Thailand are expected to receive a high number of both Thai and foreign visitors – including digital nomads who work from anywhere online.
Prathet Tankuranun, Chief Technology Officer at Total Access Communication PLC or dtac, said, “December is a popular month with Thai holidaymakers, especially on extended weekends. The reopening of our borders to foreign visitors helps boost the number of travelers, especially digital nomads whose digital lifestyle harmonizes traveling with work anywhere in the world thanks to internet connectivity. dtac has prepped its network to ensure reliable high-speed internet across the country with 24/7 support to help facilitate customers celebrating the Year of Rabbit.”
To help ring in 2023, dtac is bolstering its network to ascertain reliable and speedy connectivity for all celebrating this festive season. dtac’s 700 MHz 5G network already covers all 77 provinces of Thailand since H1/2022 with the addition of over 18,800 base stations (as of Q3/2022). dtac sees a rising trend in Work From Anywhere in Thailand, as Chiang Mai was recently ranked 3rd globally among the 16 best Cities For Digital Nomads To Explore in 2022 according to By Digital Nomad.
dtac’s 5 Network Strategies For The New Year Holidays
- Expand coverage in popular New Year destinations – dtac has expanded network coverage at New Year celebration venues and where large crowds are expected to gather, including shopping centers. This involves the deployment of additional equipment and mobile base stations in the capital and upcountry.
- Transport hubs and airports – dtac has implemented a proactive readiness plan to optimize connectivity during peak travel days at all transportation hubs such as airports, train and bus stations.
- Major routes – dtac has also expanded network coverage for tourists traveling in personal vehicles and public transport along major roads connecting the capital to all regions. The most popular routes are to the north and the northeast, followed by the central, eastern, and southern regions.
- The Merit Makers – as many Thai people love to make merit to celebrate New Year, dtac ramped up the network coverage at popular places of worship in Bangkok and upcountry.
- 24/7 Support at #1678 – dtac cares for our customers 24/7 with a call center service to serve and support on all call and connectivity matters, plus emergencies. Our social media channels on Facebook and Line are also ready to support our subscribers online. dtac customers going abroad can also contact our call center for any information or assistance free of charge at +6622028100.
NTT DATA introduces loyalty programs with blockchain based
KBTG Partners with MIT Media Lab in moonshot-research showcase to create inspirations & collaborations for better Thailand