AIS partnering with Wisesight to organize the Thailand Social AIS Gaming Awards 2023, an annual event that celebrates and recognizes individuals in the Thai gaming and Esports industry, including media, gamers, streamers, and KOL casters.
This event honors their outstanding achievements and popularity on social media throughout the year, as well as inspires creative work and foster a strong ecosystem in the gaming and Esports industry, both nationally and internationally.
Rungtip Jarusiripipat, Managing Director of Entertainment and Content Partnership – AIS, stated, “We see continuous growth opportunities in the gaming and Esports industry in Thailand. This growth encompasses game developers who constantly create innovative games, a group of KOL media creating diverse content, Esports competitions at both national and global levels. Additionally, in the past year, we witnessed the number of gamers in Thailand reaching over 38.3 million people, growing by 5% and generating a value of over 2,000 million baht compared to the year 2021.
This reinforces AIS’s recognition of the importance of contributing to the significant growth of the Thai gaming and Esports industry on an international scale. Hence, AIS continues to take a leading role in organizing the Thailand Social AIS Gaming Awards, in collaboration with Wisesight for the third consecutive year. We believe in the power of partnerships to create a strong and growing ecosystem.
This event reflects our commitment to propel the gaming and eSports industry in Thailand forward and showcases the determination of individuals in the community, and AIS is the central force in building it through promoting and organizing various activities.”
Finally, I would like to congratulate everyone who has received awards this year. We sincerely hope that this award will be the starting point that provides opportunities for all sectors to come together and create new value for the gaming and Esports industry in Thailand. It will serve as a significant catalyst for the sustainable growth of our national economy in the future.”
Kla Tangsuwan, Chief Executive Officer – Wisesight (Thailand), shared, “As we embark on the third year of organizing the Thailand Social AIS Gaming Awards in collaboration with AIS, we continue to refine the award criteria to ensure the highest standards and foster creativity within the Esports community on social media. We are delighted to be part of honoring and promoting individuals in this industry, and we strive to contribute to the sustainable growth of this vibrant ecosystem, both nationally and internationally.”
Thailand Social AIS Gaming Awards 2023 has divided the award criteria into two formats: Brand Metric and Creator Metric. Here are the details:
- BRAND METRIC is used to measure the performance of brands on social media, both from their own channels and from mentions by others. It is assessed using the Own Score for their own channels and the Earn Score for brand mentions on five main platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok. Each platform carries different weightage in scoring, based on its relevance. The assessment is done from two perspectives:
- Fundamental Factors: Includes followers, reactions, comments, shares, brand replies, YouTube and Instagram views, and social voice.
- Analytical Factors: Comprises the proportion of comments, proportion of shares, sentiment analysis, Facebook tag friend, and Facebook intention to buy.
- CREATOR METRIC is used to measure the performance of individuals who have a track record or are famous on social media, including celebrities, artists, idols, and influencers. It assesses the content on their own channels as well as their mentions or references across six main platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitch. Each platform carries different weightage in scoring, based on its relevance. The assessment is done from two perspectives:
- Fundamental Factors: Includes followers, reactions, comments, shares, views on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok, and social voice.
- Analytical Factors: Comprises the proportion of comments, proportion of shares, sentiment analysis, and Facebook tag friend.
This event has the honor of receiving guidance from 4 mentors in the Esports industry who serve as consultants to ensure the most comprehensive criteria for the awards. The mentors are as follows: 1) Julanop Santipong from the Digital Economy Promotion Agency (depa), 2) Zenith Ajhanwong from SHIN-A Service, 3) Sakkaphol Sawarkkaphun from NEX Studio, 4) Anuchit Iamsriurai from Thisisgame Thailand.
This year, a total of 36 awards were presented to outstanding Game Publishers, Game Creators, Esports Players, Esports Clubs, as well as Devices and Gadgets that have excelled in their work on social media. The awards were divided into 7 categories as follows: 1) The Most Popular Game Publisher (14 awards), 2) The Most Popular Game Content Creator (6 awards), 3) The Most Popular Esports Player and Esports Club (7 awards), 4) The Most Popular Game Content Creator on Platforms –TikTok, YouTube (2 awards), 5) The Most Popular Game Device and Gadget (5 awards), 6) The Most Popular AIS eSports Fanpage (1 award), and 7) Special Award: the award for an organization driving the sustainable growth of Esports (1 award).
2C2P with AMK expands easy2send service to Cambodia
BKNIX announces Opening of sixth internet exchange service point