Central Pattana plc, is joining hands with the government sector: the Ministry of Culture, Department of Cultural Promotion and leading partners: Chang International Co., Ltd., Thai Bev Marketing Co., Ltd., Suntory PepsiCo Beverage (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Boon Rawd Trading Co., Ltd. to launch ‘THAILAND’S SONGKRAN FESTIVAL 2023 – Songkran Entertainment’ under the concept of ‘Have fun, maintain, pass on, and preserve Thai culture and traditions’.
The company aims to put forward the Thai New Year (Songkran) to become a world-class festival to attract both Thais and foreigners to travel in Thailand throughout April during the peak season and spur spending throughout the country as well as boosting economy in Q2 to be the equivalent of the previous Q4 during the recent year-end festival. Discover activities that combine the cultural traditions of Songkran and entertainment: six highlighted entertainment events meet the needs of all generations. ‘THAILAND’S SONGKRAN FESTIVAL 2023 – Songkran Entertainment’ will be held from 7-16 April 2023 at 38 branches of Central shopping centers nationwide.
Dr. Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Central Pattana plc, said: “For Songkran this year, Central Pattana will launch huge celebrations nationwide with the key goal to put forward the Thai New Year (Songkran) as a world-class festival, following the success of our countdown campaign, which has given centralwOrld the name: the Times Square of Asia. We have three supporting strengths: 1) Creating local and international big impact – not only for one point of impact but several points nationwide, covering all locations of our 38 branches across the country. centralwOrld is holding two world-class music festivals, our tourist malls in major tourist cities such as Phuket, Pattaya, Chiangmai and secondary cities in Ayutthaya, and then in Nakhon Si Thammarat and Chanthaburi. We have also created international awareness through global tourist platforms such as Klook and WechatPay.
2) Music Festival Phenomenon – ‘SUPERFLUID CentralwOrld x 4nologue’, a world-class music festival in the showers of water, where you can meet popular artists in addition to stunning full-scale light and sound continuously from 14-16 April 2023. You can enjoy music from T POP and K POP artists such A 8TURN, the up-and-coming boyband from South Korea. Discover G Circuit, a global party theme that brings together the most-anticipated DJs under four super exclusive themes and with over 5,000 participants from over 50 countries around the world from 13-16 April 2023 at Centara Grand Convention Center. Enjoy CentralPattana X Spicy Disc for a special summer vibe with specially-written songs performed by Wan Thanakrit. There are highlighted Thailand’s Songkran music festivals at other branches nationwide such as the ‘Big Island Water Fun 2023 EDM’ concert at Central Phuket and Central Pattaya Songkran Festival and a Songkran water-playing parade festival at Central Pattaya Beach.
3) Culture & Entertainment Co-creation – discover six highlighted Songkran entertainment activities that meet cultural and entertainment needs at Central branches nationwide that will help promote Songkran Entertainment to the world. This also includes rare performances such as UNESCO-listed Thai cultural heritage performance Nang Yai Wat Khanon (shadow play) at Central Rama 3.”
Six highlighted Songkran entertainment activities for ‘ALLGEN ENJOY’
- Global music entertainment – enjoy Songkran Entertainment nationwide with music festivals under the showers of water, with the highlight event at centralwOrld and tourist malls such as Central Phuket, Pattaya, Chiangmai, Central Chiangmai Airport, Rayong, Ayutthaya, Hatyai, Korat, Udon, etc.
- All-in-one Songkran entertainment – carrying on Thailand’s Songkran culture and traditions such as paying respects and pouring water on Buddha images and asking for blessings, and receiving holy water from well-respected temples, etc.
- Thai culture entertainment – enjoying traditional performances of Thai dance and exhibitions that help preserve and spread awareness of Thai arts and culture to welcome tourists and promote the Thai identity. For example, Central Rama 3 will invite you to maintain and preserve the art of ‘Nang Yai Wat Khanon (shadow play)’ with the story of the Ramayana: the Fifth Battle of Ravana (Yok Rop), watch a rare Khon performance, a special performance of Ban Narasilp, Nang Loeng and enjoy the Swing Dance with the Stumbling Swingout Band at Central Pinklao, discover a papaya salad making performance contest at Central Udon and a mini-scale Khon show from Srinakharinwirot University Prasarnmit Demonstration School (Elementary) at Central Salaya.
- Delicious entertainment – celebrate Songkran and Family Day with your family at local popular restaurants under the concept of ‘Thai Market Entertainment’ at every Central shopping center.
- Leisure entertainment – enjoy the many special activities for all family members such as check-in with photo points, Songkran little beauty pageant, outdoor cinema, etc.
- Shopping entertainment – Discover special promotions with big prizes of more than 1.7 million baht in total*. The1 members, spend a specified amount and get a chance to win grand prizes such as a new Nissan KICKS e-POWER V, MONOWHEEL electric scooter, domestic round-trip flight tickets* NOK AIR, cash coupons from SUPERSPORTS and 60 other prizes. Top 10 Spenders in the campaign, enjoy a luxury hotel package from SILAVADEE KOH SAMUI, spend a specified amount, get a chance to purchase a Summer Bag, The1 Exclusive members, receive up to x4 points, The1 members, receive up to x3 points and Central The1 credit card members, get up to 10% cashback* without the need to redeem points or redeem points for cashback credit or gift cards worth up to 20%* or enjoy 0% interest* installments with participating credit cards and more.
From 15 March to 15 May 2023, foreign tourists enjoy a Tourist Welcome Package worth 3,000 baht*, get a Gift Voucher worth 100 baht when spending 3,000 baht on shopping*; exclusive for KLOOK customers (foreign customers only), get a free Gift Voucher worth 100 baht when spending 2,000 baht on shopping* at 15 participating tourist malls: centralwOrld, Central Village, Phuket, Rama 9, Ayutthaya, Pattaya, Marina, Si Racha, Chanthaburi, Udon Thani, Chiangmai, Chiangmai Airport, Chiangrai, Samui and Hatyai.